Things have been super busy! Here’s a little update as to what’s been going on!
- I have learned a Thai dance, and in 2 weeks I will be performing it with the ladies from my church. (I am officially not a youth and in women’s ministry.)
- We have 3 teams here at the moment.
- There will be 6 teams in December.
- Franklin Graham is coming out for 3 days for The Abundant Life Festival and we are pestering the city to try and get as many people to come out to it!
- There is another event that we are having a table at and we are busy trying to create, print and fold/cut every flyer and brochure for this event to share about what we are doing to help the local community.
- I am no longer studying Central Thai but now focusing on learning Christian Thai and the Northern Dialect. I miss learning regular Thai.
- I dream in Thai now and do math in Thai! Fun fun fun! It’s not uncommon for me to forget a few words in English or even think I am speaking English when I am really speaking Thai.
- My church wants me to help translate their services….we’ll see about that.
- I have had a chance to take members of a small team here on dates. It has been fun to create a date that is specific to them and to really honor and love them. (a blog to come about this)
- We are busy preparing at church to go out to a few villages and do a Christmas program out there. We want to leave gifts for the children, and share about Christmas.
- Yesterday was Loy Gratong. The sky was covered in floating lanterns.
Harvest-We hope that many people will be able to encounter God at this Franklin Graham event. Pray their hearts would be open to receive Him.
Sleep– Not only is there a lot to do, I have been waking up super early and unable to sleep for more than 4-5 hours.
Healing- My left shoulder was bothering me in the States before leaving, but was able to go to a chiropractor for help. There is no chiropractors here and it is really bothering me.
Peace-With everyone going full speed all around us, it can get overwhelming. Pray that we all will have peace and rest.